Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Farmhouse signs

I loveeee farmhouse inspired signs
i just always have.  Maybe it's the country girl in me 
or the growing up around a small town where the signs are authentic....i'm not sure but i am sure that i love them :)  
well after digging around pinterest as usual....I just couldn't take it anymore!!! I needed something in my house and I couldn't get myself to drop $45+ on something through amazons website...but i also didn't want to spend $10+ and get a print....I WANT HANDMADE!!!!  so how does one get handmade without buying handmade.....duhhhhh 
DIY TIME!!!!! 

Inspirations: 



What I Used (all of which i had laying around):
1. Canvas
2. paint
3. paint brushes 
4. sharpie (black) 
5. pencil 




STEPS!!!
1. take your canvas and paint a background!

2. Lightly draw the lettering out with a pencil (i did it just as cursive and made it thicket when i traced over it with sharpie)

3. and you guess it ....trace with sharpie!!! ( this is where i thickened letters...honestly i don't know the proper way to write these letters, i winged it and used different farmhouse sign lettering in pinterest photos to figure out how to write the letters as correct as possible) 

No comments:

Post a Comment